Best Face Mask and Helmet designs in College Football is a collection of best headgear as seen in the game today.
No longer are the helmets a protective gear only for functional existence. They serve as much a marketing purpose today with amazing colors and designs. While some clearly over-do the colors or patterns – tripping over to the garish side, others like Oregon (under Nike CEO Phil Knight) – come up with cool uniforms.
We pick our choices below:
- Chrome Helmets are the sort of ‘in’ thing now. Everybody feels the need to experiment with it. Some like Houston simply do it for the sake of it. Others like Ohio State do a marginally better job of making it seamless with their uniform.
- Oregon has always been a sort of trend-setter in terms of ‘cool’ uniforms. No surprise then, that they have two schools who champion the multi-colored headgear the best: Beaver State, Oregon and Oregon State.
Georgia did a nice little touch on their experiments with this trend as well (vs Boise State, 2011). The best thing about it is no one really has managed to try it and make it look forced or garish. Safe and classy!
- In that same match, their opponents Boise State did a classy turn themselves – turning up in asymmetrical logo. Somehow it ends up making the helmet and facemask more balanced.
Arizona state Sun Devils – who probably have one of the catchier combination of Mauve and Yellow as their theme colors do a swell job of designing their asymmetrical logo as well.
- Minimalism is never out of fashion. Several schools like Alabama, Boston, Nebraska and Ohio State (among others) do a solid color, or even flat shiny background without cluttering the space with a logo. The result is a canvas which is beautiful for what it doesn’t fill itself up with.
- And the best of them all – Michigan boasts of being among the Best Face Mask and Helmet designs in College Football – with a color combination which has been around for as long as we can remember. They do upgrade the modern helmet design and curved structure. Add a dash of history and contemporary. Perfect brand identity!